Tomato, Peach, and Avocado Salad with Ricotta Salata
My mom never follows a recipe, so this was tough to pull together. She made this incredible salad for a family gathering and it received rave reviews. We recommend the plain Ricotta with this recipe, as the vinaigrette adds so much flavor that the Ricotta can soak up. Enjoy!
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 2 peaches, very thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Crooked Face Creamery whole milk ricotta
- 20 basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- In a glass jar with a lid or in a small mixing bowl, combine the oils, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, 1 / 8 teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Shake the jar vigorously, or whisk to emulsify.
- Divide the sliced peaches, tomatoes, and avocados among 4 plates, add the crumbled ricotta salata, the basil, and drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle on a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.