Position: Assistant Retail Shop Manager
Hours: 15/week to start, more hours offered throughout summer months and goal of growing into a full time position. Business is open Monday - Saturday from 9AM to 4PM, Shop Hours: Wednesday 3-6pm, Thursday - Friday 10-4pm and Saturday 9-4pm. Flexible schedule will be considered.
Compensation: Starting hourly pay - $17/hour
Business Description: Crooked Face Creamery is a small batch artisan cheese company. I produce award winning fresh and aged cheeses for retail and wholesale markets. My specialty is my line of Whole Milk Ricotta, specifically the Applewood Smoked Ricotta, which is nationally recognized and distributed to a wider wholesale market. Due to the pandemic, I have shifted my focus to more on retail sales, and expanding my online and brick and mortar store with other local products including Maine cheeses, cured meats, merchandise and provisions. My customers want to know where their food is coming from, who makes it, their story, and what makes the products we sell so unique. Solely owned and operated for over 12 years, Crooked Face Creamery is looking to finally grow its team.
I’m looking for a committed and engaging individual who is passionate about Maine cheese, and is excited to work in a retail setting and to handle sales, retail shop operations, and take on limited management tasks to support Crooked Face Creamery’s growing retail store sales. The Assistant Shop Manager will play an important role in developing Crooked Face Creamery’s reputation and business through efficient store operations, excellent customer service, and effective communications. The ideal candidate will also be interested in helping Crooked Face Creamery grow new product lines and be part of the overall creative process.
• Develop and sustain an understanding of our cheese, grass fed meats and local provisions
• Thoughtfully engage with our customers and create a friendly environment
• Use and troubleshoot point of sale system
• Field customer special requests and research products
• Maintain a clean and tidy retail space
• Help create a Cheese of the Month club, manage subscriptions and deliverables
• Assist in shipping online orders and pre order pickups
• Track cheese inventory, including batch numbers, sell by dates, etc.
• Manage product inventory, retail and office supplies including restocking items on retail shelves, preparing orders, placing and tracking orders as needed
• Prepare sales and other reports
• Write and release weekly newsletter
• Manage social media accounts
• Manage website, recipes page, testimonials, and products in online store
• Minimum 1 year of customer service experience in a retail setting
• Marketing experience a plus
• Experience operating Point of Sale systems
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Inventory management and record keeping a plus
• Willingness to learn about basic cheese production, varieties of cheese and who makes them
• Knowledge of food safety a plus
• Interest in the dairy industry and small batch artisanal food production
• Self-motivated, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task
• Kind, helpful, customer oriented personality
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to Amy Rowbottom, Owner of Crooked Face Creamery, at email@example.com