Smoked Gouda Risotto
Our smoked gouda risotto recipe is a potluck favorite. Easy, healthy, filling and such a nice side to just about anything. Our smoked gouda gives it just the right savory touch.
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 T butter
- 1/3 c chopped shallots
- 2 c Arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Crooked Face Creamery smoked gouda
- 5 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 8 cups sliced assorted mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Thyme, rosemary, garlic, S&P to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add shallots, cook 2 minutes
- Add the rice, cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the wine, cook 30 seconds or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add the stock and water combined, 1⁄2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total).
- Stir in the smoked CFC gouda and cook until just melted.
- Stir in the spinach until just wilted.
- Heat the olive oil in another pan.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until they begin to brown
- Add shallots, herbs, garlic, wine and sauté until wine is absorbed.
- Mix mushrooms in with risotto.