Stuffed Shells with Pesto Ricotta
Once you have stuff shells with Crooked Face Creamery Ricotta, you'll be hard pressed to find another Ricotta to match the creaminess, texture and full body flavor that CFC ricotta adds to this simple recipe. We recommend our pesto or plain Ricotta but if you want to take a walk on the wild side, try our Applewood Smoked.
18 jumbo pasta shells
1 x 16-ounce container Crooked Face Creamery ricotta
2 large eggs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 26-ounce jar good tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to boil over high heat. Add pasta shells and cook for about 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together ricotta, eggs, parmesan, mozzarella and parsley in a large bowl.
- Drain shells and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture into each cooked shell and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Pour 1 cup of pasta sauce into a 9 x 12 casserole dish and spread so that it covers the bottom of the dish. Transfer stuffed shells to the casserole dish, arranging them side-by-side, and pour the remaining sauce on top of the shells.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly.