Spinach Ricotta Quiche
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 12 ounces coarsely chopped greens, like spinach or kale
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 12 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pie crust or puff pastry (optional)
- Partially pre-bake the pie crust according to direction, if using a crust.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet or Dutch oven. Add onions and saute until golden, about 4 minutes Add greens; saute until wilted, tender & dry (~ 15 min.) Allow onions/greens mixture to cool.
- Beat eggs and salt to blend in large bowl. Whisk in 3/4 cup Parmesan, then greens. Stir in ricotta, leaving some clumps.
- Pour in egg mixture into pie crust--or into a ceramic pie plate if not using a crust--spreading evenly. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan over eggs.
- Bake until pie is set, about 20-30 minutes, covering crusts if browning too quickly. Let cool 10 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve.