Smoked Ricotta Lasagna
- 1 lb ground sirloin (at least 90/10)
- 3 cups marinara sauce (or 1 (28 oz) jar)
- 1 (16 oz) package lasagna noodles
- 3 cups Up North Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Brown beef in large saucepan over medium-high heat; drain the rendered fat. Add sauce and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna according to package instructions. Separate lasagna and lay out on wax paper or aluminum foil to keep pieces from sticking together as they cool.
- Combine cheeses (reserving 1/2 cup mozzarella for topping), eggs, parsley, salt and pepper for filling.
- Pour about 1/2 cup meat sauce in bottom of (13×9) pan. Arrange 3 pieces of lasagna lengthwise over sauce, overlapping edges. Spread 1/3 of cheese filling over lasagna and cover with about 1 cup of meat sauce.
- Repeat layers of lasagna, cheese and meat twice. Top with layer of lasagna, cheese and meat sauce; top with reserved mozzarella and additional parmesan, if desired.
- Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil; bake about 10 minutes longer of until lightly browned. Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting for easier handling.