Smoked Ricotta Lasagna
Our Applewood Smoked Ricotta lasagna recipe is one to write home about, especially if you use our ground beef as well as our Whole Milk Ricotta. It's my mom's go to for big family dinners because she can get the key ingredients right from us! Enjoy with the ones you love, it's comfort food at it's finest.
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 90/10) - all our own ground beef is 90/10 from Rowbottom Farm sold at Crooked Face Creamery retail location
- 3 cups marinara sauce (or 1 (28 oz) jar)
- 1 (16 oz) package lasagna noodles
- 3 cups UpNorth Applewood Smoked Ricotta cheese from Crooked Face Creamery
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Brown beef in large saucepan over medium-high heat; drain the rendered fat. Add sauce and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna according to package instructions. Separate lasagna and lay out on wax paper or aluminum foil to keep pieces from sticking together as they cool.
- Combine cheeses (reserving 1/2 cup mozzarella for topping), eggs, parsley, salt and pepper for filling.
- Pour about 1/2 cup meat sauce in bottom of (13×9) pan. Arrange 3 pieces of lasagna lengthwise over sauce, overlapping edges. Spread 1/3 of cheese filling over lasagna and cover with about 1 cup of meat sauce.
- Repeat layers of lasagna, cheese and meat twice. Top with layer of lasagna, cheese and meat sauce; top with reserved mozzarella and additional parmesan, if desired.
- Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil; bake about 10 minutes longer of until lightly browned. Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting for easier handling.